|Real name||Jonathan Crane|
|Also known as||Scare-crow, Creep, Jeepers Creepers, Scary guy, John, Jesse, Crane, Creepsta|
|Born||22nd of July, 1977|
|Birthplace||Cheyenne, Wyoming, USA|
|Hair colour||Blond (formerly), brown|
|Career, affiliations and family information|
|Affiliation(s)||Cuneo Family, Ralph Flossinger|
|Occupation(s)||Scientist (former), Cuneo truck driver, mobster, criminal|
|Video Games, Movies and Cartoons information|
|Main appearance(s) (Video Games)||The Godfather: Control of France City, Manhunt 1 (cameo)|
|Voiced by (English)||John DiMaggio|
- "Your judgement day has come."
- — Scarecrow to a Corleone
Jonathan Crane AKA The Scarecrow was an American psychiatrist who turned criminal and uses fear gas against his victims. He works for the Cuneo Family.
Taunted and bullied in his youth, but now living in luxury, Jonathan Crane vowed to overcome his fears through the study of psychology and biochemistry. Kicked out of his university for experimenting on human subjects, Crane adopted the identity of a Scarecrow and armed himself with a specialised fear-inducing gas that makes a person's deepest fears become frighteningly real. His ongoing criminal reign of terror makes him one of Corleones' most psychologically dangerous foes.
Crane was obsessed with scaring people in school, experimenting with snakes in his schoolbag. He became a professor of psychology at New York University, but was later fired for his cruel experiments on humans. Crane, vowing to get revenge, became a criminal and began a series of attacks on the university with the goal of closing it down. He began a string of robberies and vandalism, and in 1998 he launched a robbery of the University Bank in Michigan with his henchmen Gerald and Antonio. Crane and his men took the money that they could and burnt the rest, and even thwarted the attempts of the vigilante "the Batman" to stop the robbery. He used his fear gas on him, and they made off with the money.
Crane became one of the most wanted men in USA in 1999 and was suddenly one day captured by Batman and sent to the Arkham Asylum. Crane escaped from the Asylum later in 2002, using a fake scarecrow to fill in for him. He started to use fear gas against people in sports to fix matches so that he would win the betting money, but Batman found out about his operations. He was able to stop Crane before he dropped a vial of gas over a football stadium during a game, with the help of Batman's sidekick "Robin", and Crane escaped from the scene.
While being chased on the streets of New York, John somehow escaped on a plane at the airport, the plane that was heading straight to France. As he was a wanted man and didn't have a ticket, Crane hid behind the passengers' boxes and briefcases to avoid detection. After coming to France unseen, he was approached by Mario DeBellis to work as a Truck Driver for the Cuneo Family. Scarecrow accepted the offer and started stealing trucks in France, using his fear gas to convince the victims in giving him the truck. He continued to work as a truck driver for them until 2011 when the Corleone Family killed all of the five other families and completely ruled France. In early 2012, Scarecrow worked again as a criminal and robbed banks in Mid Town, Paris, and other big cities. He was caught in 2013 however, and was sentenced to 20 years in jail.
While in prison, he formulated a plan to release fear gas in the water supply of France underneath the police station, and he planned to use a controlled experiment to spread fear as a gas to affect all of the people of the city. However, Gregory McCain entered the sewers and defeated Cuneo's men who were protecting Crane, before pulling the plugs on the machine and causing it to be destroyed. Scarecrow became a victim of his own fear gas, but he was not so scared though, but was arrested again. After Garnet became boss of the Cuneo mob, he was bailed out of jail for 3000€, and today along with Fredo Buttowski, still works for Cuneos.
- "Where we go, the world is spinning. When it stops, it's just beginning. Sun comes up, we live and we cry. Sun goes down and then we all die..."
- — Scarecrow
- "So much for a golden future, I can't even start! I've had every promise broken as there's anger in my heart! You don't know what it's like if you don't have the clue! If you did, you'd find yourselves doing the same thing too!"
- — Scarecrow before he became a criminal
- "I'm the fear in your skull, you crapbag!"
- — Scarecrow when his fear gas doesn't work
- "BOOO!!!! Ahahahahaha! Yes! Fear is a way to stay alive. >:D"
- — Creep after scaring someone
- "Ahrg, goddammit! This truck is full off frikin' oranges! We don't need that stupid crap! We need guns and drugs!"
- — Scarecrow if he steals the wrong truck
- "Drugs are great! Especially LSD!"
- — Crane after getting high
- "Ya know what I always say? Fright makes right... and I'm gonna kill your s tonight."
- — Scarecrow threatening a victim
- "I'm gonna throw spiders in your hat!"
- — Crane to a victim
- "You can't imagine the fear that I bring! I'm creepier than any horror film, yeah! Shinnok wishes he was me."
- — Crane
- "No, you dumb fawker! We are going to rob the blue one, that one has moar drugs and guns and it looks more valuable."
- — Crane arguing with a mobster which truck to rob
- "I'm tripped already! I saw a rainbow sky and unicorns full of bats!"
- — Crane telling a henchman what he saw while using LSD
- Despite still being more of a minor and low-ranked member of the Cuneo Family, Scarecrow is more serious and evil than most other mobsters, which is probably due to his frightening childhood experiences. He actually came closer to destroying France more than any other criminal and also plays highly sadistic mind games throughout The Godfather: Control of France City.
Scarecrow's fitting theme song is No More Sorrows by Linkin' Park.