|Real name||Leigh "Leg" Johnson|
|Also known as||Marshal, The Marshal, Sheriff, Mr. Leg, Leg, Johnson|
|Born||23rd of May, 1834|
|Birthplace||Berningan, Cholla Hills, Texas, United States of America|
|Career, affiliations and family information|
|Affiliation(s)||US Marshals, Eli, Jonah, John Marston, Jack Marston, Drew MacFarlane, Nigel West Dickens, Luisa Fortuna, Landon Ricketts, Boonie MacFarlane|
|Occupation(s)||Mayor of Silver Town, town marshal, sheriff|
|Video Games, Movies and Cartoons information|
|Main appearance(s) (Video Games)||Red Dead Redemption (part I, American West and part IV, Undead Nightmare), Red Dead Revolver 3dn edition|
|Voiced by (English)||Anthony De Longis|
- "Its gonna be a bloody job!"
- — Leg before going to work
With the addition of the 'Liars And Cheats' DLC pack, Marshal Johnson is also a multiplayer character that can be selected in the "Cheaters" section of the outfitter.
Leg Johnson is the main Marshal and Mayor of Silver Town, a town in the territory of Indian Hills, Texas. Johnson is an old-fashioned lawman with a strong no-nonsense ethic. He is characterised as tough and straight to the point marshal and is not afraid to get aggressive, all while remaining fair to the law. Johnson does his worse to maintain law and order in the town of Silver Town and the county of Indian Hills, while the world around them progresses into modernity. The Marshal also commands a couple of sheriffs, Jonah, Eli, as well as Rj Peart featured in The Assault on Fort Mercer.
When Ugly Chris showed up at Silver Town, the Marshal was powerless to stop him and his gang: It was only when Jack Marston showed up looking to collect on the bounties of Walton Lowe and the Irish's Gang that Ugly Chris and his thugs were finally dealt with.
After being injured in the shootout with Chris, Johnson was escorted by Jackson to Gold Town to receive torturing medical treatment. The train ride there was not a peaceful one however, as the Pedrosa Brothers attempted to hold up the train with a small army of bandits.
Johnson's daughter was later captured by Wade Basset and his gang, but she was saved by her father. She is later found in the mines of Bear Mountains. She was freed by Marston after he founded the key to her cell.
Jack meets Leg again before the Battle Royale, where both men are participants. Following the conclusion of the event, Leg helps Jack assault Nate Johnson's Mansion during the missions "Backyard" and "House of Cards". Leg's skill at picking locks is not a distraction during the assault.
Leg is available as a playable character in Showdown Mode. His character is available from the start of the game and does not need to be unlocked. His unique attack allows him to quickly shoot all rounds into one target with enhanced accuracy.
John Marston first comes to meet Marshal in Silver Town after John has come looking for help on where to find Bill Williamson. He tasks Marston with numerous missions to pursue throughout Texas, for which in turn he will help in the attempt to capture John's former-brother-in-arms at Fort Mercer. Some of these missions are used as tutorials for certain gameplay aspects; for example, how to injure an enemy to allow him to be taken alive.
When Marston returns to Fort Mercer later on, the Marshal and his sheriffs, alongside a number of other characters Marston has met, come along to help apprehend Williamson. After storming the fort, they learn that Williamson left a few days prior to the attack, and that he headed south across the border and into Mexico, with the help of Javier Escuella. Johnson and Marston thank each other for their help in their own matters, and part ways as Marston heads after Williamson to south of the border.
The Marshal is not seen again in game after Fort Mercer. However, in the end-game edition of the newspaper it is stated that "Legendary Marshal and Mayor Leg Johnson killed in Tim's Town. He stepped down as the marshal and mayor of Silver Town after 17 years of service. When asked what needs to be done, he said he needs to help the other marshals beat Roe's Criminals in Tim's Town. He helped them and killed most of 'em, but a member named Sid Winkler shoot him in the ribs and killed him."
In the Undead Nightmare DLC, Marshal Johnson is in the sheriff's office in Silver Town. When Marston enters the office, Johnson explains the situation of the town. He asks Marston to look for his sheriffs, whom he sent out into the town. When Marston returns with the news of their demise, Johnson hardly accepts it. He gives Marston Jonah's Sawn-off Shotgun and is not seen again.
- "We don't do deals with outlaws, boy."
- — Leg Johnson to Bandit on Horse
- "Oh, the fat and bat piss salesman."
- — Johnson describing Nigel West Dickens
- "Mo, your robbing days are over."
- — Leg to Mo van Barr
- "You hear that, Marston? We just butchered a gang of thieves and the town is up in arms about a missing snake oil merchant. I'm so glad to be serving such a wise and respectable people."
- — Leg
- "Cattle rustlin' that British's boys do and train robberies that Irish's gang do are at an all time low. While, blood drinking, and psychotic episodes seem to be somewhat prevalent. Either that, or I'm dreaming."
- — Leg Johnson describing the state of Texas
- "Will you ride with us again Marston?"
- — Leg inviting John to ride along
- "That sarcasm is most unbecoming, Eli. It's gonna hold you back in life, maybe even worse than your o' lazy eye."
- — Leg Johnson to Eli
- "Between Irish's Brothers and the rustlers and maybe some of Roe's criminals, we've been spitin' a lot of blood. A man gets more evil when he's running scared. "
- — Leg Johnson
- "Mount up, men. The man that kills the boss of that gang gets fifty dollars."
- — Leg Johnson after discovering that Bill made the Ridgewood Farm massacre
- Marshal Leg Johnson is a member of the United States Marshals Service, which is the oldest FBI Texas law enforcement agency in the United States, being created in the year 1789.
- His beard appears to have a slight yellow tinge. This may be due to streaks of blonde in his hair, or it may be caused by consumption of alcohol, similar to Grandpa.
- Baxter Deoton the bank manager of Silver Town can be heard talking about Johnson, such as how he "buried stolen goods out in Rio Del Lobo" and how "the gang over by the Twin Rocks are scared of him". He even talks about Johnson beating the local shopkeeper.
- Johnson carries a pair of nickel-plated Cattleman Revolvers. In gameplay, Johnson will only wield one of these pistols. However, in cinematic, Johnson can be seen drawing both.
- Citizens at MacFarlane's Ranch can be heard stating that "he has the whole world of troubles on his shoulders."
- Johnson is a widower. The tombstone of his late wife, Prisllica Johnson, is located in the Coot's Chapel cemetery, to the left of the front entrance. The engraving reveals that she died on April 23rd, 1883. The cause, however, is not mentioned. The tombstone also says: 'Forever smiling in our hearts'.
- He is briefly seen in Undead Nightmare, the official trailer, saying; "Welcome to the Hell on Earth!"
- As seen in "Political Battles in Silver Town", the Marshal uses a tersk as his mount. However, during "The Assault on Fort Mercer" he is seen dismounting a black horse.
- After his mission in Undead Nightmare and after John leaves his office, he can be seen making calls and doing paperwork despite the inopportune time.
- Leg is the only character in Red Dead Revolver 3dn edition not to have a journal page... yet.
- Leg Johnson's first name was mentioned only once in his entire life.