Error creating thumbnail: Invalid thumbnail parameters
|Also known as||Kano, F**kin' Criminal!, Kan-o, Kan oh right, I forgot the o.|
|Eye colour||Brown, one is mechanical and glowing red|
|Hair colour||Brown, Black|
|Career, affiliations and family information|
|Affiliation(s)||Black Dragon Clan, Kabal, Jarek, Arbok|
|Occupation(s)||Black Dragon Clan leader|
|Video Games, Movies and Cartoons information|
|Main appearance(s) (Video Games)||Mortal Kombat I, Mortal Kombat II, Mortal Kombat III, Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, Mortal Kombat: Return of The Dragon King (cameo), Mortal Kombat Armageddon, Mortal Kombat 9, Mortal Kombat X|
|Voiced by (English)||Michael McConnohie|
|Portrayed by||Trevor Goddard|
- "No charm!"
- — Kano's main motto
- "All of your bombs fill fly! But it will still be a beating to your bloody neck!"
- — Kano's quote
Kano, real name; Kane is a member and leader of the Black Dragon Clan, and features in the Mortal Kombat fighting game series. He is one of the few original characters, debuting in the first Mortal Kombat arcade game. He was the first member of the Black Dragon clan to appear in the series, followed by many others.
A half of Kano's face is covered with a metal plate, he founded this metalic mask in a Soul Well prior to the events of the series, with the plated eye being a glowing red orb capable of emitting laser shots. Originally a criminalistic and cowardly leader of the international gang known as the Black Dragon clan he rises beyond the level of mere brutality and aggression by also being sly and cunning. It was through his resourcefulness that he convinced Shao Kahn to spare his life, while he was captured in Outworld and it was through ruthless ambition that he later ascended to position as Bounty Hunter of Outworld's armies. Kano combines the features of a cowardly minion, a lone survivor, a crazed madman, and an intelligent commander. His actions have made him the archenemy of Lt. Sonya Blade.
- Kanonball: Kano curls into a cannon ball and flies at his opponent. In MK 10 this is known simply as Cannon Ball. (MK, MK3, MK2, MK:DA, MK:SM, MK:A, MKvsDCU, MK 9)
- Air Throw: While in the air, Kano uses his legs to push the opponent to the ground. (MK3, MK 10)
- Choke: A ground based choke and is simply called Moke. (MK3, MKII, MKvsDCU, MKA)
- Eye Laser: Kano shoots a laser from his metal eye at the opponent. (MK:DA, MK:A, MKvsDCU)
- Heart Rip: Kano's first eva fatality has him ripping the heart out of his opponent's chest, then hoisting the still beating hard in the air in leg. This fatality was seen in every MK game he appered.
- Eye Bean: Kano fires a concentrated heat lasser of energy towards the opponent to boil their body until it tears into pieces. (MK3)
- Heartbreak: A variation of his first eva fatality, Kano turns the opponent around and grabs the heart out through his victim´s back, holding it so they can kiss it. He then crushes the heart in his hands, pulls it back out and hoists it in the air while blood dosen't pump out. (MK 9)
- Eat Your Heart Out: Another variation of his first eva fatality, Kano rips the heart out of his opponent's chest, then proceeds to rip off their head. He puts the opponent's head into the hole in their chest and kicks them away. Oh, and says his motto; "No charm!" (MK 9)
- Friendship: Kano blows a bubble from a piece of gum in his mouth and the bubble explodes in his face. (MK3)
- Animality: Kano turns into a spider and locks himself onto his opponent, crushing their guts while they spew out of the opponent. (MK3)
- Babality: Kano turns into a baby and gives the camera a cut throat sing, then falls due to the weight of his metal eye. (MK 9)
Kano appeared in the first Mortal Kombat movie, and was played by the late Trevor Goddard. He seems to have very bad table manners, as shown when Sonya, Liu Kang and Johnny Cage are spying on him, Goro, and Shang Tsung are eating with him. In spite of their alliance, Shang Tsung and Goro have little respect for him. Kano also appears to harbor an obsessive infatuation for Sonya regardless of her hatred for him. The film expanded upon Kano's rivalry with Sonya from the games; she now had a personal interest in seeking revenge against Kano for killing her boyfriend so0 many years ago. Shang Tsung hires Kano to lure Sonya into the Mortal Kombat tournament and promises to grant Kano some money he desires for his efforts after he faces off against Sonya in the tournament, demanding that Sonya is not to be harmed but merely humiliated, claiming that he has plans for her. During their match, Kano gleefully taunts Sonya about how he murdered her partner with his butterfly knife. After beating Sonya harshly, Kano is caught off guard by a leg lock from Sonya, and is soon trapped between her thighs and at her mercy. Shang Tsung betrays Kano and goads Sonya into finishing him off. By pleading for his life, Sonya lets go Kano's neck and Kano knocks out.
Kano was left out of the Sega Game Gear and Sega Master System version of MK due to memory constraints.
In Deadly Alliance, Kano had a move with his Butterfly Knives called "eat to hear". This was based on a similiar line eat to eat in the first Mortal Kombat movie, where Kano mockingly claimed that he used his knife to slit the throat of Sonya's, from "ear so he can't eat." He also had a fast tag combo with the same name in MK 9.
- "Your eye is gettin' a good use for that, neck."
- "Ah, I'm sorry mate."
- "Ok mate."
- "Shang! Now that was a real bloody roof!"
- "Feelings? Look mate, the one who hasen't got good fellins' is good only for a bloody water in the elbow!"
- "Bounty Hunterin' is a good job, mate, it's challenging work, I guarented you won't go angry."
- "Bloody hell, your awful!"
- "Bloody hell!"
- "God save the Queen!"
- "Seems like they're trying to create a real Red Dragons, they'd been able to create a hybird man in Lisbon!"
- "They'd been using their OWN clan members as test subjects, Steven!
- "NO CHARM!"
- "Awww, S**t..."
- He has the same voice and some quotes the same as Sniper from Team Fortress 2 games.
- Kano roughly resembles a Terminator from the Terminator series of films. In an episode of IconsGamemakers, hosted by G4, Ed Boon stated that the eye implant was directly based on Terminator 2: Judgment Day in which the T-800's face right side of his face begins to peel off from damage, revealing his mechanical visage.
- Kano was rumored to be in MK4 through morphs, but this was later proven false.
- Kano and Sonya were the first characters to be confirmed for MK3.
- Kano and Sonya were friends in the last MK Game, MKvsDC. After that game it seems that they're no longer enimies, but still friends.
- Although originally American-Japanese, Kano became Australian following by having the same voice and similiar quotes to Sniper in the first Team Fortress 2 game.
- In Deadly Alliance, Kano hung Sonya Blade's hair around his neck as a symbol of their rivalry, which he tore from her head during their battle atop the skysdinosaur in MK3.
- Kano is the only human fighter shown to have any body hair, specifically chest hair, starting with Deadly Alliance into MK 9. Outworlders Motaro and Kintaro does not count.
- In the Krypt of Deadly Alliance, the coffin CO contains a comedic ad for "Kan-os", a breakfast cereal with a cartoonish image of Kano on the box.
- In MK 9, Kano is the only characters whose victory pose is retained in the Challenge Tower, spits on the floor and says "No charm!", wheras everyone else's is changed.
- He is one of mah favorite characters in MK.
Bounty Hunting license